Evie from Bookish and 9 other bloggers are hosting a great challenge for 2012: The 2012 TBR Pile Reading Challenge! (if you want to read the original post click HERE).
Of course I'm joining this challenge because it's going to help me read all the books that I've been buying but didn't get a chance to read. Which, let me tell you, are a LOT. I'm seriously considering the idea of going up to Heaven and make a former complain to God because we need longer days to be able to read all the books that we like. Sigh...
Anyway, going back to the challenge.
- This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2012 - Dec 31, 2012.
- As we would like to see quality reviews linked up to our monthly wrap-ups, only bloggers can enter. Sorry about that!
-Any genre, length or format of book counts, as long as it is a book that's been sitting on your shelf for some time now. Only books released in 2011 and earlier! NO ARCs and 2012 fresh-off-the-press releases allowed!
- You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap-up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.
- When you sign up in the linky, put the direct link to your post about joining the 2012 TBR PILE Reading Challenge (You need to include the info + host list + challenge button. You can also grab the button code and add it to your sidebar!)
- You can move up levels, but no moving down.
- Sign-ups will be open until Dec 15, 2012, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.
- At the end of each month one of the hosts will post a wrap-up. Every wrap-up will have it's unique theme, a mini-challenge, a giveaway and place for you to link up your reviews from this month. For each review you link up, you will get one entry in a drawing of one book of choice from Book Depository. It's open to INTERNATIONALS. For participating in the mini-challengeyou will get +1 entry.
- If you miss a wrap-up post + giveaway, you can link up your reviews next month. Do not, however, try to link up one review twice - we will be checking ;)
- December is a wrap-up for the whole year. All the book reviews you linked up January-November + the ones you'll link up in December will be entered into a HUGE giveaway - 12 books, 12 winners, INTERNATIONAL.
- You don't have to follow all the hosts to join the challenge, but you do have to follow all of us to be entered in giveaways!
1-10 - A Firm Handshake
11-20 - A Friendly Hug
21-30 - A Sweet Kiss
31-40 - Love At First Sight (This is the level I'm signing up for now)
41-50 - Married With Children
And this is my list of books right now: (in no particular order)
- The Night Circus
- Tempest Rising (done in February)
- Divergent (done in March)
- Blood Bound
- Eyes Like Stars (done)
- Perchance to Dream(done)
- So Silver Bright(done)
- Across the Universe
- Inside Out
- Outside In
- Spellbound (done)
- Legacy (done)
- My Soul to Lose (done)
- My Soul to Take (done in February)
- My Soul to Save (done in March)
- My Soul to Keep (done in April)
- Reaper (done in April)
- My Soul to Steal (done in May)
- If I Die(done in May)
- Dearly, Departed
- The Girl in the Steel Corset (done in May)
- Blood Red Road
- Personal Demons
- Prom and Prejudice
- Tiger's Curse
- Tiger's Quest
- Tiger's Voyage
And, it's done, this is my declaration :D